The Persnickity Snark FIVE Challenge: FIVE Great YA Movie Deals


I've decided to join the Persnickety Snark in her FIVE Challenge. Basically, there she has established a list of categories for each day leading up to the new year. Here are the lists that she has planned:

December 21 - 5 Great Debuts
December 22 - 5 Great Covers
December 23 - 5 Great Series
December 24 - 5 Great Re-Reads (books you've LOVED so much you went back for more)
December 25 - 5 Most Anticipated (2011 titles)
December 26 - 5 Hopes for YA in 2011
December 27 - 5 Great YA Movie Deals
December 28 - 5 Great Author (in the flesh) Moments
December 29 - 5 Great YA Bloggers
December 30 - 5 Great Miracles that Occurred to Get Me Reading More (choose your genre)
December 31 - 5 Best Titles for 2010 (which I double because 5 is too hard)
It sounds like 2011is going to be a great year for YA in theaters. Or, that is if the movies that are slated to come out in 2011 are well-made and actually come out on time. Here are FIVE of my most anticipated YA books to movies for 2011:

But of course. This is (hopefully) going to be my all-time favorite movie ever. Maybe I'm setting myself up for a huge disappointment? It just can't be helped!
While reading this book, I had the sense that it was pretty much made for movie production. Rather than turn me off from this book, I actually am finding myself looking forward to seeing this played out on the big screen. I have a number of students who have read (and loved) this book. I bet it'll be a huge hit. 
It's about time. This is a modern YA classic and definitely deserves a film. Middle schoolers (and middle school teachers) everywhere will rejoice! 

I could never understand why this book wasn't made into a movie during the Lord of the Rings frenzy.  I think it's my favorite and I love to teach it. It'll be nice to be able to show an actual film rather than the corny cartoon version the next time I teach this novel. 

I haven't actually read this book yet, but I have it and plan to read it before the movie comes out. I think that the Beauty and the Beast generation must be in their teens now and will love to see an edgier version of this classic tale. It'll be cool--I just know it!